Monday Madness: Budget Friendly Kitchen Nook Makeover

Remember I posted a couple of inspirational moodboards for my kitchen eating area ( see here )? Oh my, I posted that some time ago! Well I ...

Remember I posted a couple of inspirational moodboards for my kitchen eating area (see here)? Oh my, I posted that some time ago! Well I am pleased to say my moodboard became a reality. I finished my kitchen nook and could not be happier. If you haven't figured it out, I decided to go with the more springy look, check it out below:


What I love about this look the most is that it feels fresh, clean, and chic. It is very girly, but not in your face girly. I tried to keep the floral prints to a minimum because I do have a leaf foliage wall covering throughout my kitchen and also because I do have guys that live in the home...I don't want to take away from their coolness. Ha! I 100% LOVE the outcome of this room and am happy with the choices I made....it took forever and a day to accomplish, but nonetheless it was worth it!


One of the elephants in my kitchen was my kitchen table (see here), it was in desperate need of a paint job! Originally, I planned on doing a two tone finish on it with the base being black and the top finished in a walnut colored stain. I believe that in every room there should be some type/form of natural elements, stained or unfinished wood as one of them. Now, this is what I believe...my opinion only. I can break down other elements that I think should be in every type of rooms, but I will save that for another day.
Back to the kitchen...after months and months and months (total sarcasm) of thinking of what color I should paint the table, I decided black is back and it's the only color that makes sense in my mind. For the sake of this kitchen redo, I will not provide a tutorial on how to paint a kitchen table....let's just say this table has been kid tested and mother approved!


I will highlight the kitchen chairs and sofa in a later post, but again...it is totally childproof. You can even see the wipe marks on the couch (I wiped the couch down prior to taking the pic and did not allow it to dry off before taking the picture). I will also break down the cost of this project on another post.


The other huge elephant in my kitchen was the free buffet/sideboard (see here). Again, I will focus on the buffet on another post, all I will say is, I had my work cut out for me! This whole project was one huge diy headache....I will spare you the details later.

Soooooo happy to be have my kitchen in one piece!

You Might Also Like

0 comments