Chinoiserie turned Velvet

I recently placed my Chinoiserie sofa up for sale on craigslist because I realized that I wanted a new sofa....I guess the heartbreak of th...

I recently placed my Chinoiserie sofa up for sale on craigslist because I realized that I wanted a new sofa....I guess the heartbreak of the vintage curved sofa (here) and the gold tufted couch (here) really got to me. I have been searching craigslist like a mad woman since the beginning of the month looking for the "right" couch that suits my style and my family's needs....I still have not found ONE, not even one that has sparked my interest.
I have not gone thrifting lately, so I am at a lost on the deals. I have so much going on right now that I doubt I will be able to make a drop by at any thrift store this month....so my only hope is craigslist. In the midst of cleaning out my hoard-room (my sons room turned mom's "junk" room), I realized that I could bring my Chinoiserie sofa upstairs, reupholster it upstairs (in a closed room) and get rid of the couch that is currently occupying precious space in that room. Yeah, I have a total of three couches but I ALWAYS forget the one that has been a staple in our sons (old) room.
You may be wondering, "what does this gorgeous room have to do with my couch?" Well, this gorgeous room popped up on my Pinterest feed and I fell in love with the dark strikingly beautiful cranberry (burgundy) couches. Then, BOOM, it hit me...my Chino couch would look great in a cranberry color.

There is something about that cranberry color that screams posh, beautiful, and luxurious. I Love it!


Source: Elle Decor

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Agreed! I love the confidence only a reddish hue can pull off! My LA apt is bathed in haute pink! From the dining chairs to the accent chests, the boy is starting to really dig the look! lol...not just for chicks!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most certainly, it does take some confidence to have such a bold piece of furniture in any space. I have to agree with you, reddish hue are not just for ladies...if done right it can add a bit of masculinity to a space. Lol.

      Delete