Crushin' Art: Guillaume Azoulay

When I broke down my kitchen mini-remodel ( here ), I shared my Guillaume Azoulay print that I happen to find at a curb alert. Ooh, did I s...

When I broke down my kitchen mini-remodel (here), I shared my Guillaume Azoulay print that I happen to find at a curb alert. Ooh, did I say that?...Yes, I did! 90% of the time I am drawn to a curb alert via craigslist it is because I am attracted to the artwork that is being thrown out.

Let me restate, I do curb alerts and I have dumpster dived for quality furniture.

I have this same print and it is one of my favorite finds....it was so worth the drive! Ha...

One man's trash is most certainly another man's treasure.

Little known facts about the artist:

Name: Guillaume Azoulay

Born: 1949 in Casablanca, Morracco

His wife is a former ballerina named Charmine Seal and is the subject of some of his art.

He has two sons, Lawrence and Arnoud, and one daughter, Ondine, who is the also the subject of some his work.

He is still alive today and resides in California with his family.

About the art:

Azoulay focuses his ability to convey the organic purity of lines to create the illusion of motion. Through his line work he can creates balance, contrast, and movement in each print.

His art is inspirational and in a design sense it can fit easily into any design style. I believe that Azoulay's artwork is right on trend with the line geometric decor...this would fit in so well with Urban Outfitters apartment decor!

Source: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments