Go Bold or Go Gold...

Go bold? Or go gold?...that is the question that keeps lingering in my head. I recently purchased some curtains from world market...parrot ...

Go bold? Or go gold?...that is the question that keeps lingering in my head. I recently purchased some curtains from world market...parrot ornithology...they were killer expensive, to the MAX (well, to me they were). I have NEVER in my life spent so much on curtains, but I really liked them and after shopping around for some floral curtains I decided to just buy them. No matter what, they were cheaper than me buying the fabric and sewing it myself....the fabric prints I liked were $18+ per yard and who has time for that.

Since relocating my chinoiserie couch elsewhere in my house I needed a print to help soften my living room and add another dimension to the space....everything just started to seem kind of bland, solid, and rigid so I decided to invest in a bold print....that says "hello".

 

I am totally digging a citron color paint for my shelves, but lately I've been having second thoughts on whether I should just go neutral and paint it gold. I think both colors will add another element to the space. If I paint the shelves a citron color I will use my pink and white "chino" fabric as a backdrop (note: my chino fabric is not as busy as the one pictured). To take away from all the busy prints I would sew some pillows using fabric with texture and maybe even some geometric prints (stripes, spots, etc...).

I obviously love the prints chosen for the space....I know all three are pretty busy, but I am hoping I can work it into the space and that it will compliment each other like I what I envision....not gonna lie the parrot ornithology curtains have thrown me for loop.

Gold? I was honestly trying to stay away from gold, but since purchasing my curtains I am having doubts. Gold can be fun, right? Gold can be interesting, right? Gold can be bold, right? Well, to me it is a "yes" all around. If I paint it gold I will not incorporate a chino back drop, instead I will use that for something else...maybe art or a pillow. I am feeling so unsure...we will see!

 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love gold! Not boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I am happy you can tell the difference....the mister really could not tell the difference....it is just more of a color thing...

      Delete