The Best of Craig: I Hit the Jackpot!

I think I hit the jackpot with my latest craigslist find....I am such a craigslist addict! Anyways, while doing my late night "Craig&q...

I think I hit the jackpot with my latest craigslist find....I am such a craigslist addict! Anyways, while doing my late night "Craig" stop, I came across this photo (below)...

Someone was giving this baby, ottoman and all away for free! I DID hesitate to reply and I REALLY did think about it...it was not vintage, nor was it the exact color I was going for. After much consideration, I went for it and thought if anything I can dye it to the color I want if I am not satisfied....or sell it, give it away, etc... The gentleman replied quickly and the rest is history. The mister picked it up and the first thing he said when he returned home was, "I am excited for this one". Let me be honest, the mister thinks vintage sofas are delicate...so I had to compromise somewhere. The lines on this couch are beautiful, it is a deep couch but it does NOT swallow a room, and the color is very appealing to the eye.

 

Like all furniture I bring home, I threw the cushion and pillow covers in the wash and steam cleaned the couch using hydroperoxide, dawn soap, and baking soda (that solution is GOLDEN) and went to town. The couch was already well taken care of, but now it was clean to my standards! I am so happy that I went for it!

 
This past weekend I came across another great find, but my fingers were not fast enough and I missed out. Ugh, but I had to share...this is a McCall vintage pattern cabinet....is she not gorgeous? Btw, she was FREE!
Another golden find, was this queen size headboard with a Greek key and Chinoiserie print. I emailed the owner literally right after the post went up, but I have not heard back....maybe they feel overwhelmed. Again, this was a FREE find!

 

Great finds...Be on the lookout, I have more craigslist and thriftstore pickings on the way!

Source: NC Craigslist

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments