Wild Wednesdays: Fornasetti Obsession

On my V-day blog entry, I gave y'all a small taste of Piero Fornasetti's creations. All I got to say...is... I am in love . I love ...

On my V-day blog entry, I gave y'all a small taste of Piero Fornasetti's creations. All I got to say...is...I am in love. I love how he uses Lina Cavalieri's image and how fun he gets with it. Did I ever mention...I Love black and white decor....He definitely had his mind set on the future. love it!

Artist
Piero Fornasetti
(1913-1988)
His Inspiration
Lina Cavalieri
Fornasetti found her image in 19th Century Magazine
Ms. Cavalieri was an Italian opera saprano singer, actress, and monologist
Fornasetti created more than 500 creations using her image
Fornasetti's "Tema e Variazioni" plate collection has a total of 350 variations of Cavalieri's face
Fornasetti style is based off of Greek and Roman Achitecture
Source: pic 1//pic 2//pic 3//pic 4//pic 5

You Might Also Like

0 comments