Vintage Eclectic Living Room Moodboard

This post was created in collaboration with Wayfair.com. I have been compensated for this post, however all opinions are 100% my own.  ...

New Year New Room 2016 Wayfair campaign
This post was created in collaboration with Wayfair.com. I have been compensated for this post, however all opinions are 100% my own. 

Happy Thursday! I am so happy it is near the end of the week...this winter weather has me wanting to hibernate. During the holidays, I was invited to be a member of the Wayfair Homemakers Program. There was so much going on during that time I did not have time to announce it...but here I am! I am feel blessed to have this opportunity. With that said, I have been given the opportunity to create an idea board for their New Year, New Room campaign. 

Since moving into our new rental house, I have been dreaming up different decorating scenarios for each room in the house. One of the rooms that I cannot wait to get my hands on is the living room, as of now it is pretty much empty. Since I have all these ideas in my head, I thought it would be cool to put together a vision board/moodboard of what I want only using products from Wayfair...I guess you can consider this more of a Vintage Eclectic Living Room wish-board. Haha!


Vintage Eclectic Living Room moodboard using wayfair home decor items

The living room in my house is the "main" gathering spot for my family. Keeping the sole reason for this room in mind, my goal was to gather items that depicted my style and to keep it very minimal. I am not a minimalist for any matter, but since I have kids this concept works out for the best. 


It should be of no surprise that I am drawn to a cranberry red sofa, I have been wanting one forever...so why not dream it up on my "wish-board?" Wayfair has so many furniture options in every style possible, that I knew that I can find that dream sofa in the color that I desire. The Calais Sofa has straight modern lines but the velvet upholstery gives it that throwback vintage style. 

I typically try to stay away from cream colored furniture but I could not resist the Cliffe Channel Back Club Chairs, they are so pretty and they compliment the Calais Sofa nicely.  What attracted me to the club chairs were the hollywood regency "clam-shell" look on a more modern chair straight-lined chair....Gorgeous. 

I do not know about you, but I have been feeling Rose Quartz, Pantone's color of the year and I decided that I need to incorporate it into my home somewhere. I have come to the conclusion, with the mister's approval, that blush pink curtains would add some lightened drama into the space. The curtains chosen are thermal insulated blackout curtains which works well with living in a rental....My new rental is not drafty but the living room feels a little bit chilly due to the fact that I do not have curtains up.  All I can say is there is not much I can change in this rental, but I can certainly make it pretty. 

Not only will curtains liven the room, but a beautiful rug like the Artemis Blue Rug will work wonders and tie the space together. Not only will it tie the space together but the hints of cranberry red in the rug will compliment the sofa and the club chairs will lighten the room so it does not feel so heavy. On a sidenote,  I love the look of a worn persian rug. By all means this is not "vintage-vintage" but it does give off that overdyed worn persian rug vibe. 

I know I have kids, but there are certain elements that I try to incorporate in every space, which I will talk about in a later post. Yes, I mix kids and glass together and the glass coffee table adds a bit of elegance and sophistication into the space without being over the top. The Artist's Wife wall art adds a bit of edginess and more of playful atmosphere to such a moody space---that is what my husband said, lol! The malachite side table is one of those off the wall pieces, that I secretly would love to have...it is bold and very much of a sculpture that serves a purpose...in my eyes. The lamps have almost the same free-flowing lines that malachite pieces have and it has enough pattern in them to take away from all of the solid pieces in the room. 

I love a good mirror and originally I can envision this space with a gold mirror, but once I saw this star wall mirror, I thought it had enough pizazz. It comes in a few different colors but the dark blue  works well in this space and there is enough gold in the piece to compliment the rest of the space. The floral design works well and has a very regal quality to it. 



This is what I would do with my living room using products from Wayfair. What would you do, if  you were given the opportunity to freshin' up a space with Wayfair? 


Vintage Eclectic Living Room moodboard using wayfair home decor items

Thank you for stopping by! Here is a pinnable image that you can use as you draw some eclectic inspiration for your space. 

Here are a few of my blogging buddies Wayfair moodboards, check it out: 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love it Jess! This room screams your style and the dreamy cream chairs are wonderful. Your styling of the room is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas! Those chairs are gorgeous.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I want them for myself! Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. Love the eclectic style-just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the sofa! Love your choices for the moodboard and how they all play together. That coffee table is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete