Rug Headboards

I finally started to decorate the master room. Can you believe the whole 2+ years that I have lived in my rental, I have not attempted to d...

I finally started to decorate the master room. Can you believe the whole 2+ years that I have lived in my rental, I have not attempted to decorate my room until now. I have been searching the net for bedroom inspirations. My goal this year is to not really spend that much money on home decor, but instead to save money and make memories. So I am trying to find inspiration in pieces that I already have. 

You know what I have around my house...area rugs! Yes...yes, I do. I have never thought in a million years to hang it over my bed to serve the purpose of a headboard, but I have thought to hang it on a wall as a statement piece. I even picked up a cloth rug at a swap and shop just so that I can hang it up on my wall. 

I have compiled some inspiration pictures to better express what I want for my rental master room. My house has a mix of vintage and modern pieces and, I plan to try to incorporate that feel into my room...but who knows I may have a splash of boho up my sleeve.



The feel of this room speaks volume. It has a little ethnic vibe to it. I like it. I like how the rug is not square but circle. You know what is super cool...the light fixture, now wow! That looks like it would be fun to recreate. This room is kinda masculine in colors, but it reminds me of a scene from a music video.



Now, I do not know if that is a rug draped over the reclaimed headboard, but it easily can be. I love a good layer technique when it comes to design. This does not look overdone, but simple. Without the draped piece the room would kinda feel very bland to me. I believe every room should have some sort of pattern in it. I like how the designer incorporated the textile piece into the room. This is my favorite room out of the bunch. I like the natural elements and the hint of pattern. 


I remember in college we had to create a Neutral sample board and thinking it is not the neutral color that mattered but the textures that were used. This room is done right and the size of this rug and the platform bed makes this room feel large and light. What I really enjoy about this space is that the designer used a normal headboard but still opted to place a rug BEHIND the headboard to fill up space and to use it as art. The rug is not perfectly patterned which makes it perfect (to me). It stands out.

Source: // 1 // 2// 3


You Might Also Like

0 comments