Hollywood Regency Louis XVI Chair

For months I have been searching and searching for an occasional chair that I thought was fitting for my living room. I went from...





For months I have been searching and searching for an occasional chair that I thought was fitting for my living room. I went from a pair barrel backs (here) to a pair of wire chairs and now to this vintage beauty. I cannot believe that I was hesitant to purchase this chair. I purchased it through a lady on craigslist and I waited two days to make up my mind. The picture in the post did not show the best. The lady's house was tidy and neat but the lighting was so off I could not determine what color the wood or cushion were. I am beyond happy that I talked myself into purchasing this gem. The proportion and style is chic, it is bad (in a cool way). In my wildest dreams, I never thought that I would be able to purchase a chair like this in my price range. This chair I believe is a reproduction of a Louis XVI chair....I am not sure of the origin of the chair but I do not think this is vintage....but it is okay. 

Typically, I tend to buy fixer-upper furniture because I am frugal but with this piece it is perfect the way it is. The upholstery is lush and has a hint of lime infused into the yellow velvet. The wood finish, is utterly amazing and in perfect condition. To top it off...there was no odor. What I have discovered with purchasing furniture off of craigslist is that when something is cheap, it either needs work or has an odor...this had neither, so I am all smiles.


This wonderful beauty is currently plopped right in front of my unused fireplace. I am in the hunt for an acrylic/lucite side table that can sit beside this beauty. For now....it can stand on its own. I am so happy that I was able to find such a cool piece of furniture at a great price....Thanks "Craig"




You Might Also Like

0 comments