BEFORE & AFTER: Bamboo Bench(s)

After I posted my home tour I thought it would be a great idea to highlight some of my favorite pieces in my living room this week. The f...

After I posted my home tour I thought it would be a great idea to highlight some of my favorite pieces in my living room this week. The furniture pieces and art pieces in my space were predominately, if anything all thrift store/craigslist and free finds....That is just how I roll. Ha! 


One of the cutest little "thing" in my living room is a bamboo bench that currently sits right in between my living and dining room. This bench was FREE and I actually have two! I have one that stays upstairs and one that stays downstairs. Originally, I wanted to place these benches in my foyer but due to the narrowness of the space, it just did not work. Currently the benches are used as "timeout" seats, hence why I have one on each level of my home. These are not your typical "timeout" chairs, but oh well...I love them anyways.

When I first received these benches, I knew that I wanted to paint it black (lucky guess...Ha!) and upholster it. Since I am a fabric and paint hoarder, I did not pay a penny for the diy. I love a good Chinoiserie print and since moving my "Chino" sofa upstairs, I knew I wanted to incorporate a Chinoiserie print downstairs. This print may be on a small piece of furniture but it makes such a big impact in the space and is definitely a show stopper or something that will make someone stop and say "oh, that is cute". I am happy with the location of the bench and the function it serves and it is definitely one of those pieces that I am happy that I DIYed.

You Might Also Like

0 comments