A Pair of Barrel Backs

One more thing to check off of my wish list...barrel back chairs! FOUND, yay! Although they are not caned barrel backs they are still a ...


One more thing to check off of my wish list...barrel back chairs! FOUND, yay! Although they are not caned barrel backs they are still a wonderful addition to my furniture collection. Let me admit, I can be a dummy sometimes...like most of my favorite finds, I passed this set up at first glance and had to go back the next day to pick them up. Unlike my other finds, I found these at a yard sale. Note, I did not pass these chairs up because I did not like them, I passed them up because I did not have room in my car to load these. BTW this was not just any yard sale, but an interior designer yard sale...so unlike any other store, I only had a small window to claim these chairs. Let me add, this was one of the best sales I have ever been to...I will tell you all the deets on a later post.
I purchased these chairs, stains and all for the price of $20 total. Not to bad, eh? Well, after talking to one of my girlfriends about my plans for these chairs and how I was going to clean them, she suggested I used a homemade cleaner but to let it sit. This homemade cleaner I have used before when cleaning my rug but it never took the stains off and she, my friend, told me the secret to lifting the stain was to let the solution sit and work it's magic. The ingredients to this homemade stain remover are hydrogen peroxide, dawn dish soap, and baking soda. I honestly did not measure anything...I almost never do! I just poured some hydrogen peroxide into an empty spray bottle, squeezed some dawn dish soap into the bottle and added one teaspoon of baking soda and shook the bottle so it can all mix well.That is it. Then, I sprayed my chairs and let the solution sit for about 10 minutes (I am a very impatient person) then I sucked up the remaining solution with my hand steam cleaner. Not only did this solution lift the stains from my chairs, but it left them smelling fresh.
I love the look of these chairs, the color is not too bad but I am considering painting over the fabric with white paint....it is just a thought...




You Might Also Like

0 comments