Frugal Fridays: Faux Malachite Storage Boxes

Another Faux Malachite! Ahhhhh!.....but hey, I love the look and it really did not cost much and when done right it can add visual interest ...

Another Faux Malachite! Ahhhhh!.....but hey, I love the look and it really did not cost much and when done right it can add visual interest to a boring piece...if ya know what I mean...

Last year it seem like everybody was adding some form of malachite to their decor and I too wanted to jump on that bandwagon, but could not figure out what I wanted to do it on. My absolute favorite color is green and I love the jewel tones that "real" malachite gives off. I just wanted to incorporate the free form design of malachite into my decor. I attempted a malachite technique using another color besides green on some frames that I was diying a while ago, but although it came out nice it just did not give off the same beauty, I would say, as green malachite. So when the opportunity arose, I decided to do the technique on some storage boxes that I got at michaels for .79 cents each (they were 80% off). I only spent money on the boxes, I combined techniques from The Aestate and Little Green Notebook to achieve the look I was going for. I love the way they turned out and it was honestly an easy project that anybody can do. I absolutely LOVE the way the boxes came out and it was well worth the $2.37 I spent on it. LoL!
Note: my boxes were some type of holiday boxes so I primed them first and used Pantones Emerald green paint and Valspars Vegas Green paint. These are paints that I already had on hand. You can use acrylic craft paint to achieve the same look.

You Might Also Like

0 comments