Before and After: BAR CART

Okay, so I kinda been obsessing over bar carts and  I finally found one on craigslist. The one catch is...I cannot keep it...I purchased...



Okay, so I kinda been obsessing over bar carts and  I finally found one on craigslist. The one catch is...I cannot keep it...I purchased it with the sole intention of selling it. So here it is....what do you think?

I would be lying if I said I did not want to keep it. If I could I would keep it, but unfortunately...I cannot...this is glass..I have kids and lets be honest, little boys are not gentle.

I love the simplicity and the glass to metal ratio on this cart. I absolutely love hollywood regency and I feel as though this would definitely fit that design scheme...along with others.

How I achieved this look was simple...A whole lot of elbow grease and spray paint (Design Master...my fav)...LOL. I break it down below

Before I break it down, let me just say...I am not the best photographer...this cart was filthy...it was rusty, grimy and loose...the past owners simply did not care to ever wipe it down or tighten the screws.

BREAK DOWN:

...first...I cleaned the cart by attempting to use baking soda and a toothbrush to get the rust off....that took too much time, but it did get a good amount of rust off....instead...I used steel wool to scrub the remaining rust..that worked like a charm.

...After all the rust was gone and the cart was clean and dried, I sanded it and cleaned off all the sanding residue.

...Next...I primed it using the only spray primer I had on hand....Valspar.

...Last...I spray painted it using Design Master 24K gold spray paint and I let it cure for 24 hours before putting it together.

Lovin' the end result!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You're always up to something amazing! I just love it so much. There's no way in heck I'm owning anything with a glass surface like that for the next 15 years....

    ReplyDelete