One Room Challenge: Week 4

Hello all and happy Thursday! Thank you for all the love and comments. Sorry I have not responded to some of them, I have been extremely ...

Hello all and happy Thursday! Thank you for all the love and comments. Sorry I have not responded to some of them, I have been extremely busy these past couple of weeks and I plan to get to them as soon as I have a little free time. 

For those who are new, this week marks the third week of the One Room Challenge hosted by Linda from Calling it Home. There are 20 bloggers who have been chosen to participate in this challenge and they debut their progress on Wednesdays with the BIG reveal on November 11. Myself, along with a plethora of other talented bloggers are linking up guest participants for this challenge and debut our progress every Thursday via linking up on Calling it Home. Our BIG reveal will be on Thursday, November 12th. 


Interior design challenge

You can find week one's One Room Challenge post, here, week two, here, and week three, here. Last week I accomplished a lot, but before I get into that...I need to make a correction, I kept saying "suede" when in actuality it is a leather-esque type material. It is not real leather, but then it is NOT pleather...I have not quite figured it out. 

Interior design challenge

I wanted to share my a sample of my curtain with you and the fabric used for my headboard. The color palette for this room was inspired by my curtains...hence the red (wine colored) rug. 

Interior design challenge

I painted the shelf black and it is so rad, I am beyond myself. I normally do not paint metal by hand, but I had no other option due to weather. I hope I never have to do it again. Haha! This is just a teaser image of one area of the room. I really cannot reveal too much or else there will not be much to show come November 12th. So far I am loving the way everything is coming together. 

By week 5, I hope to have trim on my curtains, a starburst art piece and I hope and pray that I can figure out my lamp situation. I have some black lamps, but I have been eyeing some gold and copper lamps from Target. 

Well that is it for my ORC update. I will see y'all next week and and be sure to check out the participants One Room Challenge.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. It's looking so sleek! Can't wait to see the end! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your progress. Funny, I have only made purchases so far, but not done any of the actual labor, so that is my challenge for the final two weeks in my studio makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love that sconce. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sconce is wonderful! Can't wait to see the full reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the details you're showing little peeks of in today's post. This room is going to be so cool! Good luck on week 5!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!! It looks great love the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bedside lights! Those are great and the fabric you have chosen is amazing! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combo--looks slick! Can't wait to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the fabrics!!!!! This is going to be a fabulous bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabrics are gorgeous and I know you'll find the perfect lighting. Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your sneak peeks and lovin' your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the reveal! Love that light on the wall BTW.

    ReplyDelete