Monthly Goals

Happy Tuesday everyone! August was a pretty good month. My parent's came down, the kids had a blast hanging out with them, and I was...

Monthly non blogging goals

Happy Tuesday everyone! August was a pretty good month. My parent's came down, the kids had a blast hanging out with them, and I was able to have a whole day to myself! Yay! I spent that day sleeping...yep, you read that correctly. I was so exhausted going here and there when my parent's were in town I could barely keep my eyes open.

August Update: I wasted money and did not go to the gym, not even once. However, I did place my gym membership on hold and I worked out a bit while at home. So, that still counts, right? Also this month, I shared my Fall tablescape DIY and provided y'all with a living room update. I hope to have the living room completed sometime this fall>> GUYS, I am just lazy! That is it. I said it. The big (not really) project in the living room that I need to complete is to sew some dang pillows. I used to love my sewing machine until I moved here. I have everything for the command center, I even made them pretty, I just need to hang it on the wall. haha. That is on my to-do list for tomorrow. I should have a post on it soon. Last but not least, my kids created a Fall bucket list, here it goes: Attend a pumpkin patch, help mom make cookies, do a puzzle together, Help mom and dad cook, spend 1 on 1 time with mom and dad, watch Once Upon A Time the new season on Netflix, have a girls night (no boys), attend a collegiate volleyball game, go to the Temple and have a picnic as a family. ---Aren't they the sweetest? I love them. Everything on their list is doable, nothing is crazy! yay! So that rounds up my August goals. Not to bad, eh?

September Goals

1. Get my body back--Same goal...different agenda. So guys, I placed my gym membership on hold until the new year. WHY? Well, I have been extremely busy and I have not had the time to make it there. I know it sounds like excuses, but it is the truth. However, I have been doing small workouts at home and trying to eat a bit healthier (I never ate bad to begin with). I am contemplating on doing a paleo lifestyle...I have tried it before and it left me moody because I was ALWAYS hungry. The food was good and the lifestyle had more pros than con...so it is something I am willing to try again. This time around I know what to expect and I have a better sense of the type of food I would prepare. Basically, I want to at least do 20 minute workouts on the daily and incorporate paleo into my lifestyle...we will see how this goes.

2. Consignment Sale--Have y'all been feeling stressed? I know I have and I can feel it coming! My house is about to turn into a wreck because of goal #2. That is right! Twice a year I consign mine, the misters, and the kids clothes along with some home decor stuff. I typically make a good amount back, but the whole process in itself is extremely overwhelming and downright stressful....BUT I always so much $ back, I just cannot quit it no matter how stressful it it. ugh...one day I will not be a hoarder. Ha!

3. Keep my house clean--Now this will be a challenge. For some reason after every consignment sale it takes me the whole month to recover. Lately, the house has stayed clean with minimal mess. The kids have been helping out a lot. I really have not had to ask them to do anything...they just do it. So hopefully this trends continues!

4. Clean up my Pinterest account--I have slowly but surely been clearing the clutter. Half of the board is cleaned, I just need to do the rest. This past month, I was able to split my biggest board into 4 different boards. I will be deleting a lot of pins and about 5-10 boards. If you are not following me, you should--I have a cool unique style--Check my boards out, you won't regret it.

Well, that is a wrap for my September (non-blogging) goals. For those of you who do not follow me on instagram, a few of my blogging friends and I are hosting a #homeforthefallidays --basically, for the next 12 weeks we will be playing an awesome him decor game using the hashtag #homeforthefallidays. The theme will change every Tuesday and we would love for all of you to participate.

You Might Also Like

44 comments

  1. I have been trying to clean up my Pinterest for awhile now...Good luck to you lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, cleaning up Pinterest is one of those tedious things that needs to get done...but I dread it so much, especially since I have over 13k pins.

      Delete
  2. You reminded me that my Pinterest needs to be cleaned up...I'm pretty sure a lot of my pins are outdated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading other people's goals. Helps me stay on track with my own goals. Thank you! Also, thank you for reminding me that I, too, need to clean up my Pinterest account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right... When I read other people goals it makes me stop and think about my own goals.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like great goals. You should really keep your pinterest up. I love pinterest and it's my #1 drive for traffic to make my blog. Thank you for sharing your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the goal! As a home decor blogger I believe that Pinterest should be my number one referral and I am not quite there, so I am trying to make it happen. Thanks Kim...you may have to teach me your Pinterest traffic driving secrets!

      Delete
  5. I spent a good deal of time cleaning up Pinterest but then I realized how many boards I have and gave up. I have to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought to clean up and organize my pinterest account - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! I hear you on the consignment sale. I did one twice a year for quite a while when my kids were little and it was a major pain in the neck, but....like you said, the cash was nice! Love the bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once I dropped the items off...I was like "yes!"...now hopefully people buy my stuff bc I really do not want to bring it back.

      Delete
  8. Fitness is one of my goals this month (well, every month...but this month I REALLY need to make it a priority!). I also need to consign my clothes and do a deep cleaning of our apartment and try to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Mattie! Everything seems like a chore!

      Delete
  9. Your kids fall bucket list is great. I just joined a gym yesterday, so it's pretty funny you just put your membership on hold. I was losing motivation at home. Good luck with September goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shann! I hope we can do all the things the kids want to do!

      Delete
  10. Your kids fall bucket list is great. I just joined a gym yesterday, so it's pretty funny you just put your membership on hold. I was losing motivation at home. Good luck with September goals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never even thought about cleaning up my Pinterest boards! This will have to be an October goal for me haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monthly goals are perfect. I once cleaned out my Pinterest...it took forever, so good luck with that. But reading you are doing consignment sales twice a year I believe you know how to keep things tidy. I may have to look into this consignment sales thing...there is way too much clutter in our place we don't need. Hmmmm. Good luck this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes look into it... I make a ton more selling my kids clothes, toys, and home decor item than at kid to kid or plato's

      Delete
  13. Great goals! I've been meaning to clean up my Pinterest and other social media accounts. It can be so time consuming though so I've been putting it off. Maybe this month I'll finally make it a priority! Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great goals and I'm rooting for you! I lost A LOT of weight with the Paleo lifestyle once. I've tried to pick it up again and found that it put me in a foul mood too. If I try it again, I may go 80-90% Paleo. Sometimes you need some carbs to help balance out your serotonin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wanted to say partial paleo but I was not sure if people would "get it" -- I did not lose weight on it but I had more energy and it helped eliminate my momma pudge. I agree with you, I need a little carbs in my life.

      Delete
  15. First, you do NOT sound lazy! You do more than you realize, I'm certain. I'm excited to see your finished living room, and impressed with your consigning and Pinterest cleaning. I really should do that (Pinterest clean-up). Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your living room made up for not completing the rest of your goals! I'm working on my pinterest too!
    Cynthia @crafoflaughter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Number one is on my list too! I've been tracking my steps on fitbit and doing a lot of competitions with friends with it :)

    Autumn @ Stay gold Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to learn more about Fitbit. It seems like everyone has one. Thanks Autumn

      Delete
  18. Agree with these goals! I haven't gone to the gym forever but at least my husband is getting use out of it. I've tried exercising a lot more at home though (i just hate being where other people are when I'm working out). I definitely need to clean up my pinterest board, I have a billion pins that I haven't looked at

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first started working out on my own at the gym, I dreaded it bc of everyone else working out...I even was doing some lifts wrong (which is embarrassing bc my husband is a strength coach) but I kept pushing through and eventually tuned everyone else out.

      Delete
  19. These goals are wonderful, but I got to say, cleaning out your pintrest? Is this something I should be doing? I didn't know it was a thing that apparently lot of people do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if cleaning out Pinterest is for everyone but I have a lot of pins and some were not catered to who I am now.

      Delete
  20. LOVE the consignment sale idea! I need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always think about cleaning up my Pinterest but never get around to it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with your goals.. I also need to work on #1 and #3!
    — DT | Here I Scribble

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great goals. I should workout and get in shape and great idea to clean up Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a busy month you have ahead. Workout is also a challenge for me. I don't have membership at the gym though, iIve always preferred working out at home.

    ReplyDelete