Diy Succulent Wreath

Hello all! This has been a crazy busy week...but I have an easy tutorial to share with you. Yay! If you happen to keep up with all de...


Hello all! This has been a crazy busy week...but I have an easy tutorial to share with you. Yay! If you happen to keep up with all design trends, you probably know that succulents are all the rage.  While decorating my children room, I decided that their room needed a hint of trend...so I made them a succulent wreath. Originally, I had no plans to even hang a wreath in their room, but once I started putting the room together, it felt like it was missing something. One of my favorite stores, Target, had some succulent wreaths for sale so I planned on just purchasing one from them...but they sold out before I even got the chance. 

The greenery in this wreath brings in the extra "GREEN" needed to set the mood. The colors of the succulents are not too bright and it compliments the moss chosen for this project. It kind of gives off a forest vibe, which I like. 


The materials needed are as noted in the photo and listed below, but feel free to use hot glue, straight pins, or something else you own to hold the moss and some of the succulents down if you do not have floral pins.

Materials used: 

          Wire cutter
           Floral pins
           Moss
           Wreath (styrofoam)
           Faux succulents

Steps: 

Wrap moss around wreath and pin down
Trim succulent stems
Attach succulents to wreath. Since the wreath I used was styrofoam I pierced it with the stem and  and it held. Attaching the succulents on the moss can be a little difficult so I literally pierced the moss prior to attaching the succulent. I also used floral pins to hold some of the succulents in place. I am pretty sure you can use hot glue to attach the succulents to the wreath. 


Isn't it pretty? I think so and there are not that many steps to follow. The cost of this tutorial was around $30. I reused a wreath I already owned--so that was free. The succulents were a decent price. I purchased the succulents and moss at Michael's. They were 40% off and I stacked a 20% off on top of that. Each succulent had 3 succulents per stem and the final price for each succulent was $2.40. I used two ribbon rolls of moss and a little extra (that I already had). One roll of moss with with the coupon and sale price was less than $2.

Side Note: the Dollar Tree sells faux succulents that are already potted and they are a decent size and I imagine that the cost of my project would have been at least half the price but unfortunately the Dollar Trees (yes, I said Dollar TREES) in my area were all sold out. So trendy, right...even the dollar stores are sold out of succulents. 


Well, that is it. My girls have a beautiful, trendy, and I will throw in classy wreath in their room that they cannot destroy and will not die. Stay tune for the #30dayflip to see how their room comes together. 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love this. Never thought of using succulents before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never thought of succulent wreath either until I saw the one at Target.. I might even make me another one.

      Delete
  2. I am OBSESSED right now with succulents! I absolutely LOVE this! Will be pinning for sure! xox Christine | Amidst the Chaos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am obsessed as well...I think they are absolutely beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Fun! I love making wreaths and I kind of need something new for spring. Maybe this is it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun and so pretty on a door!

      Delete
  4. I really like this. I have made a few similar ones with the real things. I like your too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! One day I would love to attempt to make one using real succulents.

      Delete